ONE CAMPUS

TWO SCHOOLS


SEVEN DECADES

of making a difference in the world!

 
The Blackwood Campus of Camden County College opened in 1967. But prior to that, the campus had a twenty year history as Mother of the Savior Seminary - a boarding school for the education of future priests - owned and operated by the priests and brothers of the Society of the Divine Savior - the Salvatorians. From 1947 to 1961, the seminary was a six-year school - four years of high school and two years of college. In the fall of 1961, the college classes moved to a Salvatorian college campus in Wisconsin, leaving the high school seminary to continue until the school's closing in 1967. Over just one summer, the campus was transformed into the beginnings of Camden County College.
 
"Mother of the Savior Seminary" - a photographic look at the history of the seminary years.
 
"The Seminary Campus" - a photographic look at the various changes on the campus during the seminary years.
 
"These Twenty-Two Years" - a published 1967 retrospective of the seminary years, starting with the concept of creating the seminary already back in 1945.
 
 
 

The photos contained in the first two PDF's above come from the audio-video DVD "Memories of Blackwood - Mother of the Savior Seminary"

CLICK HERE for details on purchasing the DVD.